The writing must be –
- an original piece of work by the child
- written of their own willingness and not under any pressure from parent/school/guardian/others
- must fall into poem/story/essay category
- Will be assessed on the basis of the idea and creativity employed by the child, rather than the vocabulary, spellings and syntax.
The submission must not be-
- a copy/ heavily drawn from any content the child consumes as TV show, books, movies
- a creation of the parent/ school/ guardian/others
- more than 500 words
- Selected stories are digitally published by Bookosmia on their website and with other partnering organizations to maximize reach.
- Authors of selected story receive a certificate from Bookosmia
- Authors of selected story receive a spotlight on our website and social media
To submit your child’s entry, please email us at email@example.com with –
- Child’s story typed out in the body of the email or as an attachment
- Child’s Name, Child’s Age, Child’s School Name
- Parent’s name, Parent’s mobile no., Parents email ID, Residential City
- Child’s photo and a few lines about them
We will respond back on your submission within 3 weeks if we decide to go ahead with it.
For Book Review Submissions- Read a book? Share your review with us. Need suggestions on what you can write. Here it is :
For Art Submissions: Hello young artists, Sara here! Dabbled in some art lately, or perhaps a casual doodle? I would love to see it and also publish your thoughts on the experience of creating art. Need a little help?
- What made you come up with your recent artwork? Have you always enjoyed art or were you hesitant in the beginning?
- How and why did you choose the key theme/ subject in your artwork?
- What were your feelings at different stages- while creating your artwork, working on it and finally completing it?
- Do you think your picture tells a story? What can it be.
- Which is your favourite art work? It can be your own work or someone else’s.
- Can you share a picture of it and tell me what you love about it.
Do share pictures of your artwork for readers to appreciate!
Terms and conditions:
Since we allow literary submissions by a minor, not competent to enter into contracts, ‘You’ shall mean the parent/guardian of the person submitting the short story. When you submit your entry, you shall be deemed to have given Bookosmia an exclusive license to evaluate the story for publication. We shall make best efforts to come back to you with the result of our evaluation within 15 days from the date we receive your submission. In the event you do not get our reply within 21 days from the date of your submission, you may
presume that we have decided not to publish the story.
If we respond with our decision to publish your story, you shall be deemed to have assigned any and all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the story in favour of Bookosmia. The assignment shall be perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and comprise all the copyright in the literary work. The assignment shall not revert to you under any circumstances. Without limitation, the assignment shall confer upon Booksomia to make copies of, edit, adapt, and translate your story or republish it with affiliates. You shall be deemed to have waived your moral rights in the story.
Bookosmia shall always credit you as the author of the story. The opportunity provided to you to publish your work shall constitute sufficient consideration for the foregoing assignment. You shall not disparage Bookosmia or its management, employees and other stakeholders in any manner whatsoever.